How to use this application:
1. Catalog Filters (for use while in the Catalog tab above)
- Open the sidebar to access keywords, tiers, date and publication status filters using the icon above.
- Keywords will autopopulate, and can be selected using an 'and' or 'or' command on the Keyword Search dropdown.
- Tiers (described below), Geographic Keywords, and publication status options can be tuned on or off by clicking on the checkboxes.
- Filters will automatically update the table on the Catalog tab.
- Columns to view can be selected at the top of the Catalog tab (see Column Guide below).
- Multiple pages of results may be viewed by scrolling to the bottom of the Catalog pane.
- The additional 'Search' box within the catalog will filter all rows based on a keyword.
- Definitions for keywords and geographic keywords are provided on separate tabs to standardize terminology across datasets and for users to filter the catalog with.
- Filtered/selected data can be downloaded using the button at the bottom of the Catalog tab.
- The full data data catalog as an excel file is linked below (requires USGS login credentials).
4. Submitting Items
- There are 3 options for submitting data sets to this catalog that are linked on the 'Submit Datasets to the Catalog' tab
1. Manual Data Entry Form: Fill out all mandatory (marked with red asterisk) and any other fields, then scroll to the bottom of the page to submit.
2. Submit a link: Enter your contact information and the web link to a dataset or metadata item.
3. Upload a file: Fill out mandatory fields and upload a metadata file.
Tier 1 - Foundational datasets : Most commonly used; Wall-to-wall coverage.
Tier 2 - Foundational datasets: Commonly used to moderately used datasets; Intermittent spatial coverage.
Tier 3 - Datasets: Less commonly used; Spotty spatial coverage; Other datasets not identified in Tier 1 & 2.
Links and Additional Resources
Download the entire Catalog as an excel document (requires USGS login)
Visit the USGS Chesapeake Bay ScienceBase Community Page
Where are we working? USGS Chesapeake Bay Watershed Study Locations Web Map
These data are preliminary or provisional and are subject to revision. They are being provided to meet the need for timely best science. The data have not received final approval by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and are provided on the condition that neither the USGS nor the U.S. Government shall be held liable for any damages resulting from the authorized or unauthorized use of the data.
For help or questions, please contact Stephanie Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Emily Gain (email@example.com)
Geographic Keyword Viewer
Use the dropdown menu below to view spatial footprint associated with geographic keywords currently populated in the Data Catalog. Spatial extents are generalized and to be used as a guide. Outlines may depict a larger area than actually covered by some datasets.
Larger geographic extents may take a few moments to appear on the map.
Use the linked forms to submit datasets to the Catalog :
Submit a Link to Online Data or Metadata
For help or questions, please contact Stephanie Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Emily Gain (email@example.com)